Homefront.Ultimate.Edition-KaOs

Troubleshoot For Games
toxicated

By the end of chapter one where we have to move to nearby civilian neighborhood connor just keeps standing near the door without actually opening it and therefore the game is not progressing anyone else with same issue ? :?
KiNG

toxicated wrote:By the end of chapter one where we have to move to nearby civilian neighborhood connor just keeps standing near the door without actually opening it and therefore the game is not progressing anyone else with same issue ? :?
I never bothered playing the game that far it looked to out dated.
You tried the usual stuff like restarting checkpoints, reloading save games, retrying the level?
Also some games iv played required the gfx settings to be lowered to get the ingame triggers to work, god knows why but its worked for me before lol.
Last edited by KiNG on 07 Feb 2015, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
toxicated

KiNG wrote:
toxicated wrote:By the end of chapter one where we have to move to nearby civilian neighborhood connor just keeps standing near the door without actually opening it and therefore the game is not progressing anyone else with same issue ? :?
I never bothered playing the game that far it looked to out dated.
You tried the usual stuff like restarting checkpoints, reloading save games, retrying the level?
Also some games iv played required the gfx settings to be lowered to get the ingame triggers to work, god knows why but its worked for me before lol.
I have tried everything you mentioned apart from the lowering the gfx settings will try and update here. :roll:
Austinbale

I have the same problem
and nothing seems to work
could any 1 help me with this problem
Austinbale

Nothing sees to Work tried everything
Plz guys anyone has a fix for this then send me a link k
KiNG

We have no idea what is causing the issue as we didnt modify any of the game files.
If nobody can find a fix we will simply remove the game.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
Austinbale

thanks anyway, is there forum to request games?
ganster
Site Admin

use the general chat section can prity much post anything there but it dont meen it get filled but some do if we bored and no new games out
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes
donkeymilk

This game was/is a bugfest :)
It's had a lot of well documented problems ,which seem to still be there in this ultimate version.

Though King was right about experimenting with changing graphics settings.
I had problems with the old game version and lowering resolution ,e.t.c helped it to work.
I think the original version might play better than this one,not sure if it's the same for everyone though.

EDIT UPDATE:

This is an old bookmark i had for tweaking and fixing:

Code: Select all

http://segmentnext.com/2011/03/15/homefront-performance-crashes-freezes-lag-errors-fixes/
It has a lot of things to try like -d3d9 singlethread shortcut, ini fixes, e.t.c.
Running a game in windowed mode can help too.
or
The Homefront Widescreen Tool let's you change options like resolution, aspect ratio, force directx 9 10 or 11:

Code: Select all

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Homefront
Edit: i added -d3d9 to the shortcut and it fixed the problems i was having.(I'm using a ATI/AMD CARD on win7)
===========================
CONCLUSION:
Kaoskrew Homefront release is good.
But you need to try some of the fixes to get it running ok.
That's the game devs/publishers fault and not kasoskrew :)
Read the 'segmentnext' link i posted and you should have the game running ok in no time.
----------------------------------------------------
If you're still stuck at end of chapter one and door won't open to bring chapter 1 to an end ,use a save from one of the savegames sites.
Boot the game up and select 'singleplayer' -'mission select' and u can then carry on from the beginning of chapter 2.
Save location can be found by referring to your steam ini file in game folder.
Appid for game is 55100
Thanks to 'mmn0891' for the tip.
----------------------------------------------------
Last edited by donkeymilk on 09 Mar 2015, 00:09, edited 21 times in total.