Grand Theft Auto V installer not working properly.

Troubleshoot For Games
Humppasusi

Hello.

You have a severe graphical glitch in your GTA V installer, which prevents me from installing the game. I can only see the slideshow, but not the path or any of the buttons. Instead, the area, where I suppose they are meant to be (at the bottom) is just grey. I have the latest drivers for my old AMD 6790, but the little birds told me you have problems with your installers on 64-bit Windows 7 systems, such as mine. I have tried the simple solutions, such as booting and changing the compatibility settings, but got nowhere. I even tried writing up custom .cue files, in case I could mount the .bin files as images, but that's a lot more difficult than it might first seem. I have no other ideas, as I haven't been able to find a fixed installer...

Any suggestions? Other than boiling my head.
macbookair2013

And you have latest net framework installed?, 4.5.1 i think
ganster
Site Admin

do u have any screen shots of this messed up installer?
i currently use win 7 64bit and it was also coded on a 64bit system so theres no issues there
im not sure where u got that info from saying 64bit is broken its more like 32bit systems are broken since we include 64bit tools if the game is 64bit only so it fails on 32bit systems
your the first iv seen thats had issues with the layout of the installer if u can show me some screens i might be able to fix it
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes
KiNG

not something I have ever heard of there have been no reports I'm am aware of either, I personally use win7 ultimate x64, the installer has also been tested on win8 and 10. a very strange issue.
Last edited by KiNG on 22 Dec 2015, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
Humppasusi

macbookair2013 wrote:And you have latest net framework installed?, 4.5.1 i think
Naturally. I have 4.6 installed.
Last edited by Humppasusi on 22 Dec 2015, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Humppasusi

ganster wrote:do u have any screen shots of this messed up installer?
Here we go...

ganster
Site Admin

hmm that is weird are you still able to install while its half broken?
we currently working on a v2 and alot of the layout part of it is changed currently working on the install part atm so if u could wait a day or 2 i might have a new installer u can try see if that messes up
your the first to have this issue so it would be nice to be able to fix it and have a user to test it for us
Humppasusi

[quote="ganster"]hmm that is weird are you still able to install while its half broken?/quote]

How could I install it, when I need to change the bloody path? There is a reason, why I have that many different partitions on three hard drives and it's not "just for fun"...
Last edited by Humppasusi on 22 Dec 2015, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
ganster
Site Admin

the bottom left is the install button on next page u should get some dir to select if you see it that is then u press bottom right button to continue to install you can just about make out the buttons at bottom but not sure what the page looks like on select dir bit

if not then just wait a few days ill do a new installer
Humppasusi

ganster wrote:if not then just wait a few days ill do a new installer
No need for that, as it's installing! I can't really monitor the progress, as the grey area is back, but it says it's installing on top of the slideshow... The path selection was nicely visible, as well as the other buttons, on the black background.

Thanks! Have a merry Christmas, guys!
Humppasusi

Well... It never goes smoothly, does it? Now I'm having trouble with a missing batch file!

EDIT: I try running them manually. At least the first one is rebuilding stuff, so I hope this works...
Last edited by Humppasusi on 23 Dec 2015, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
ganster
Site Admin

can you try using this installer we fixed alot of bugs since then and we been redoing the layout so im hoping it now displays for you

link: install.exe

please let me know if it now displays correctly for you and any other issues u get
Last edited by ganster on 23 Dec 2015, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Humppasusi

ganster wrote:can you try using this installer we fixed alot of bugs since then and we been redoing the layout so im hoping it now displays for you
I'm currently running the first batch file. I assume I have to run all of the numbered ones first, with _End.bat being the final clean up. If this doesn't work, then I will be more than happy to try out the new installer.
ganster
Site Admin

it would still be nice to know if it displays ok for you now iv tryed old installer on like 8 pcs with diffrent oses and was fine your the first i know of that this happens on so would be nice to know if its fixed or not
you dont even have to install with it just running the exe and then quiting will be enouth to notice i wanna make sure its fixed just incase other users has same issue
Humppasusi

ganster wrote:it would still be nice to know if it displays ok for you
And you will know about it soon... Something went wrong with my manual run. It went well up to the batch number five on its own and then just crashed. I am going to try the new installer now.
Humppasusi

*Cough*

Humppasusi

Here are my system specs or at least the part, that should make any difference:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X4 965 53 °C
8,00Gt Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A77T (AM3) 53 °C
S27B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series (ATI AIB) 50 °C

Installation Date: 24.8.2012 17:51:34
Windows Security Center
User Account Control (UAC) Enabled
Notify level 2 - Default
Firewall Enabled
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Notify prior to download
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Disabled
Antivirus
Antivirus Enabled
Company Name Microsoft
Display Name Microsoft Security Essentials
Product Version 4.7.205.0
Virus Signature Database Up to date

.NET Frameworks installed

v4.6 Full
v4.6 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2
ganster
Site Admin

can you try this installer and tell me how it displays i just cant get any systems to get it to display like yours i even tryed a reinstall of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
and it displayed fine without any win updates or anything for that matter iv fixed it on xp tho with some changes

link
Humppasusi

I'm currently installing with the third version of the installer. I could've tried the second one, but instead I decided to play Fallout 4 instead... (Which, by the way, shouldn't even run on my graphics card, but I have texture problems very rarely, on minimum settings.) The second screen of the installer was OK, but the third one - showing the progress - is sort of "cropped". It only shows Ka and half of the O, with the lower progress bar being cut a bit from the bottom.
Last edited by Humppasusi on 23 Dec 2015, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
ganster
Site Admin

if u dont mind testing can you see if this is fixed on your system the layout part is what im interested in and did you manage to get it installed?

install.exe

im hoping it looks somthing like this now

Last edited by ganster on 23 Dec 2015, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.
Humppasusi

I don't mind testing, as I know how important that can be. It's still installing... :D

One thing I do mind, though, is that in the first phase of the installation process, the installer ate almost four gigabytes of memory. Now, that it's running four command prompts simultaneously, it's not bad at all. Just wondering, what kind of a massive memory leak the installer has, as that is really a lot of memory. Never seen that happening with any other Scene installer...
Humppasusi

I got the game installed properly with the third installer. Runs very smoothly on my rather old rig @ 1280x720.

The latest installer looks very good, no graphical glitches on the first screen at least. I guess you could call that as a finished product now. ;) Happy Xmas and thank you very, very much!
ganster
Site Admin

it uses upto 2gb of ram to install we use that much to speed up the process im not sure why it runs 4 processes tho it only seems to run 2 if u run as admin so maybe the first run is just reopening it up as admin not sure about that it only runs it once for me since im always setup as a admin

the more ram we can use the faster it is to install alot of uswers now days should have more than 4gb of ram so 2gb for decompression seems fair
KiNG

yeah it only uses 2gig of ram it appears to use 4 in total as your os is using 2 as well.
glad its sorted for you and thanx for assisting us in fixing the bugs, mery Xmas!!
Last edited by KiNG on 24 Dec 2015, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files