Need Fix: Fallout NV Recurring FemModel Hair Bug

Troubleshoot For Games
ArcadianRook

All the female characters in the game seem to have bald spots with the eyebrows either missing or mis-placed upon the head of the model. This happens even with a clean install and is shown in the image below.
Help, please!

Last edited by ArcadianRook on 14 Aug 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
This Thread Needs More Battle Cattle.
KiNG

never heard or seen that happen before and iv compleated all the kaos releases of fallout 3 including dlcs lol. were are you insalling the game to btw? if its a short path i dont know, u may wanna try google if nobody here knows
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
ArcadianRook

This is for Fallout New Vegas, not FO3.
Google is the first place I went for a solution, but I couldn't find anything.
Hell, I'm not even really sure what search terms I should use.
I tried searching "Fallout Vegas Ultimate Bald Bug" previously
KiNG

yeah its weird, i compleated new vegas aswell, if never seen anything like it. what path did u install to? only thing i can think of is possibly a missing texture due to a long pathname in the duplication process.
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
ArcadianRook

Since I'd intended to mod it, I installed directly to my C:, instead of into the Programs folder (which mucks up things with NexusModManager).
ArcadianRook

hmmm... alright, it just occurred to me that I may've been mistaken when I said that it's shown up after a clean install.
Since the rebuild doesn't get installed/uninstalled via the normal method, what all besides (besides the main folder with the game and data, etc. and the folder in /mydocs/mygames/) do I need to delete to clear everything out?
KiNG

i beleive theres an extra folder to remove in C:Users"username"Documentsmy games
it contains savegames and ini data
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
skydaygausync

I am modish,wish you a exhilarated day!
Last edited by skydaygausync on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
3Lions

If you have not already sorted this try: disable the in-game Anti-aliasing and force anti-aliasing via your graphics card
Last edited by 3Lions on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Marovus

I found this release at piratebay and it ran smoothly except for the hair glitch :3. I looked everywhere until I noticed this comment:

"There seems to be a problem that some people get because of the unpacked BSA file that makes some hair and headgear have bold spots. I came across this problem and solved it by taking meshes bsa from the skidrow release, placing it in data folder and renaming the data/meshes/characters folder to force game to use bsa for hair. So if you are upgrading from another install of the game save the meshes.bsa in case you get the same problem."

Thus I tried this by putting the BSA from the other torrent in the data file and simply renaming the characters folder and it worked. The same character I was looking at in a save that had the issue no longer had it after load. However now I have a white head on different body skin color issue .. **RAGE**

Edit: Neve rmind. Managed to fix the skin bug with a Fallout.ini edit, but know my luck I'll probably have flying Super Mutants next :|
Last edited by Marovus on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.