Fallout - New Vegas install files excluded

Troubleshoot For Games
MatioZG

So, I downloaded the game and tried to install it through the install.exe. It unrar everything, but when the unpak.bat opens, it says that it couldn't find the directory (something like this), then clear the CMD and says "All done :P".
But it just delete all the .pak files and the C:\Games\Fallout.3.New.Vegas.Ultimate.Edition-KaOs is empty. How can I fix this?
Ps.: I tried to unrar everything for myself and running the unpak.bat without the install.exe. Same error, though :(
KiNG

could be a number of reasons, the most common is not enough temp space for the game to rebuild,
nowadays we add that information to our NFO but this was not always the case.
so I would suggest to free up a lot more space on the destination driver and try install again.

that piticular game also has a deep directory structure, so you will need a short install path,
if you are using the install.exe default it should be fine as that's the folder the game will have been tested with.

quite often its also down to patience, the old rebuild method seems to get stuck quite often wile its moving files about and it does not give any progress, so basically just leaving it alone so it can finish helps lol
you can keep checking your hard drive to see if your space is going missing if you really need to double check it is doing its job.

also antivirus can also delete files or our tools, turning it off or adding an exclusion to the folder your installing to should fix that, you can be sure your version is safe if you downloaded from our website, obviously if you got it from elsewhere we can't guarantee anything lol.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
MatioZG

I tried it again, with 200gb free space on D:\Fallout\ (short path, like you said). I also have my AV turned off. I run the install.exe as administrator. After some time that it takes to unrar the files, the unpak.bat opens but the same thing occurs. It says that it can't find the directory and deletes all the .pak files, leaving the D:\Fallout\ empty.
KiNG

did you download the version from torrent on public trackers?

im almost certain the game was redone because there was something wrong with that copy, from what i remember it was only an issue what affected people using win8, dunno if the same thing happened on win10 or not. but the public torrent was removed from our site due to this.
Last edited by KiNG on 08 Jan 2016, 20:16, edited 2 times in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)