Skyrim special edition textures

Troubleshoot For Games
VengefulRat

So I have this following problem with the kaos pack.

Unfortunately after downloading this game and looking forward to playing the new version, I seem to have run into a problem. All my textures are purple, and I mean all of them.

When the game starts up, I leave it on recommended settings. First I has the issue of no vc since its a fresh install of skyrim. So did the vc install, got the game started. As soon as I hit the main menu, the drain emblem as well as the smoke that should be rising up ate purple. When it does allow me to hit new game, the game loads for a few moments and then simply crashes to the desk top.
KiNG

security is usually the case, if your sure its all off try installing again running the installer as admin.

if that does not work the last alternative would be to start the install process and wile its installing move/cut the ~unpack.bat from the game folder and put it some were else until the installer is finished.
once installer states its finished, paste the ~unpack~.bat back to the games root folder and execute it yourself.

not all systems are the same and user accounts are setup different ways, its hard to make something what works on everything. you be unhappy to know your system is the first to report an issue lol

plz let us know if you get it working and how, would help us out in the future with compatibility.
Last edited by KiNG on 12 Nov 2016, 21:40, edited 3 times in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
VengefulRat

Alright thanks. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. And yeah I know usually systems are the issue but pretty much all my other games are working so I'm leaning more towards it being the game itself. What exactly the issue is, well I'll have to try and figure that out. Fallout 3, new vegas, fallout 4, all those games are working well on my pc. But I'll do what you recommended and come back to you guys on what errors I'm having.
Blarghmasta

I'm having the exact same problem. Was this problem ever resolved?
KiNG

Blarghmasta wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. Was this problem ever resolved?
no idea, the only person to have the issue did not report back, i can only asume he fixed it with one of the solutions given.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
Blarghmasta

KiNG wrote:
Blarghmasta wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. Was this problem ever resolved?
no idea, the only person to have the issue did not report back, i can only asume he fixed it with one of the solutions given.
Alright, I'll try for his fixes and report back.
Blarghmasta

I figured out the problem. Simply enough, the KaOs.rb just needed to run fully and inject .wavs posthaste; I wasn't letting it go through. You might want to put a note in the installer that there will be a rebuilder that runs after the installer. Otherwise, I kept getting this error:

An error occurred while decompressing: Archive header is corrupt!
Unarc.dll resturned an error code: -14
ERROR: archive structure corrupted (decompression of control block failed)

Hope this helps for you and others in the future.
Best
KiNG

cheers for getting back to us, theres already a note in the .nfo about possible rebuilding after the installer, its default in them all.
TheMaster

Thanks for the feedback Blarghmasta. Always good to hear back when issues get resolved so others can learn from it ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
root360

it had a few dll problems then i installed direct x but once i click play i crashes please help