Cant 'save game' in Red faction-kaos

Troubleshoot For Games
sabber

Cant "save game" in Red faction-kaos guys.....its asking for name to save but after entering the name and select save button it says "game saved"....but its not saved as its not displayed in load game page nor in that save game page itself after hitting save...plz help :? :cry: ...do i need to create a new folder in "my documents" for it ?.......there s a "save game" folder in game folder but no saved game s showing there nor anywhere........
<<<<<<<<<LuV D WaY U liVE>>>>>>>>>
stoled

try running as admin? I'll install and check into it a bit myself.
-
same issue, quicksave with f6 works, I'll look more into it tonight after work.
-
rename the games folder "Red Faction" exactly as shown without quotes, should fix the saves. let me know.
Last edited by stoled on 16 Nov 2016, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
TheMaster

I never struck this problem but I always quicksave games using an F key so that's probably why judging by what stoled said.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
stoled

I was unable to figure up a quick fix, thought it was tied to registry but that dont seem to be the case, I have work the next few days but will look further into it.
thanks for the heads up about this issue.
sabber

tnx "stoled " and "TheMaster"....both renaming the folder and quick save worked :D :) ..now i can save by both the methods tnx again for ur replies guys ;) ....and the game rockzzzzzzzz too... :P
stoled

sabber wrote:tnx "stoled " and "TheMaster"....both renaming the folder and quick save worked :D :) ..now i can save by both the methods tnx again for ur replies guys ;) ....and the game rockzzzzzzzz too... :P
just want to clarify, the game saves via the menu so long as the folder is renamed "Red Faction" correct?
sabber

yes bro only after renaming the folder to "Red Faction" game saves..... else only 'quick save' f6 only works...... :)

P.s: renamed the folder back to red.faction-kaos and yes it didnt save game in folder :(
Last edited by sabber on 18 Nov 2016, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
stoled

okay, thanks for the info, I may do a updated copy with notes in the nfo.
TheMaster

Nice work figuring this one out guys. Always good to get a resolution to an issue that others can benefit by ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!