DOOM 2016 - Impossible to install

Troubleshoot For Games
ThunderMan

Hello, so... I was installing DOOM. I was having 'spikes' in the speed of my disc writing (sometimes the operation limit were 10 Mbps, sometimes 100 Mbps). I had 20% done then it started installing at rocket speed and I had waited only 30 mins and I had 58% already (I had to wait an hour first to get the 20%), but then the 'System process/ntoskrnl.exe' started taking all the Mbps I needed and I was waiting 30 mins just to get 3% (just to clarify, I had 61% of the KaOs1.bin installed then). So I said: 'Let's try turning of some things'...noting worked. Then I just tried to get statistics of the installation...and then the KK setup stopped working and I couldn't do anything about it and I turned it off. Then I tried to reinstall DOOM and then 'KaOs Repacker | Rebuilding Game Data...' popped up and I thought: 'Well I guess that this is all right. The data are just gonna be rebuilt.' And when I finally got through the rebuilding, the setup said that I canť continue, because some files are missing (IsDone.dll was it I believe). So I re-downloaded all rar files and said that I'll get to it the next morning. And guess what. I couldn't extract the KaOs1.bin file from part01, part05, part08, part13 with the error going like this (rough transaltion from Czech): The files from the compressed file do not match the compressed files' size (blah blah (yes, this is not important)) Some part of the library was damaged. And I couldnť extract the KaOs1.bin file, because it was supposedly damaged. I tried it again and the same thing happened.

Also I do not really get why is the installation process taking SO MUCH memory. The Izma.exe and the KK setup take approx. 2GB of my RAM and are always racing who is going to have more disc operating space. Then the System comes in starts taking almost every Mbps and the installation canť be completed fast enough (you said approx. 55 mins in the .NFO file). When I was this other time trying The Sims 4 from R.G. Mechanics, the installation wasn't taking so much disc space and memory. And they weren't using any 'Izma.exe' either.

Main question/#1: Can you help me in any way? If yes, then tell me what to do please.
Not-so-important-but-I-would-like-to-know question/#2: Can you explain the 'memory demand' to me? If yes, then please explain (in not so complicated post, please =D).
(Additional question/#3: Do you know why this 'corruption/damaging' is happening? If yes, tell me why please.)
KiNG

theres alot there to read, why are you complaining about the installer requireing 2gig to install wile the minimum requirements for the game is like 6 or 8 gig? i do not remember exacally what it is but i fail to see your logic?

you want a simple answer to your questions? write something simple for me to answer.

i hope you get some answers but i am to drunk n high to answer such a complex post atm, hopfully another member of staff can help.
Last edited by KiNG on 29 Apr 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
ThunderMan

Just chill... the memory is not even the the primary issue =D.
Also, do not take any offense KiNG, I was just comparing it to other installers, 'cause it seemed weird to me. you do have a point with my logic..yeah I am not a person that always checks everything, whoops =D.
And yeah, my post is long, but hey, I just tried to be professional.
So, here's the short version:
My installer doesn't work, some files seem damaged, redownloading did not work, what can I do?
Thanks.
Last edited by ThunderMan on 29 Apr 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

my apologies i edited the first post as i figured it came across as harsh after reading it back to myself i changed it. if the files are good and the rebuilding went ok i really have no idea.

errors during the installer are normally down to running out of memory, normally i would suggest running the install in safe mode but such a game with with huge requirements i can only assume this isnt the issue, the rebuild itseft does cause spikes. it works by checking how many cores you have and running a proccess for each core, it is an old method what has been improved sice.
Last edited by KiNG on 29 Apr 2017, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
ThunderMan

Nah, it's fine =D. When I try the 'prof. route' I sometimes lose myself in what I should and shouldn't write.
But well shyt...so you don't know what's happening?
hmm...I got an idea (I personally don't believe it)...do you think that something has been changed in my computer somewhere when the cmdRepacker was doing it's thing? And the deletion and uninstallation of the unfinished DOOM files did not delete this? Do you think that there's a way to download the files so they do not get 'affected' by this thing?
Thanks in advance.
If you don't know...I'll try to find a solution alone then =D. I'll get that sweet demon-killin'-gotta-love-it game. One way or the other. =D
KiNG

not sure dude i will ponder over it when i wake up, its been a long night lol.
but yeah alot of people expect help and do not provide any information or something very basic you cant work with. so you did the right thing, was me who was at fault.
will check back tomorrow and try and assist.
Last edited by KiNG on 29 Apr 2017, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

'System process/ntoskrnl.exe' is not one of our processes/tools i have no idea what that is, might be something you should look into further. i beleive back when we compressed that game we used a 2gig dictionary thats why it requires 2gig to decompress what is nothing really considering you need 6-8gig to actually run the game.
the actual installer can say that a archive is currupt sometimes even if it is not, if it runs out of memory it thinks the error was a broken archive. if the files unrared ok you can probably rule out that the archive is damaged in any way. i aso beleive this game had an earlier version of our installer what still had some bugs what needed sorting out, some of the installer options would get blocked by users security, to get round this you could install the game in safe mode that should also get round any memory related issues aswell, the other option to try would be to disable all the options your given by the installer like shortcut start menu and such, that has been known to work sometimes.

the end part of the install (the rebuilding with command window) is basically just a case of waiting, the actual progress indicator is not very good or clear, like i said it is an old method. eventually you will end up with a msg letting you know its finished. long as u have the space requirements you should be fine.
Last edited by KiNG on 30 Apr 2017, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderMan

All right. That does make sense.
And good news: I managed to get it working! Don't know how. I know I did delete some things and similiar stuff like that, but I am not sure what happened. But yeah. Thanks for help. And explaining this process (I feel educated now =D). Going to play now.
I'll close this if I can.
Bye.
Last edited by ThunderMan on 01 May 2017, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.