Windows 10 NVIDIA Issues on Battlefield 1 & Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Troubleshoot For Games
LokeshSharma

Since recently I installed Battlefield 1 Kaos and Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Kaos on Windows 10 v1703, I am having issues with these two games.
These games installs perfectly but doesn't run on Windows 10 but running fine on Windows 7.
I'll test more to figure out the real problem if the hotfix which was issued to address the issue for Watch Dogs 2 gave some permanent problem to my system.
I have upgraded and downgraded to various versions of drivers but no luck solving the issue.
I'll ultimately have to reinstall the windows 10.
If anybody having the same issue with NVIDIA GPUs let me know if they find any solution.
My Configuration is: Windows 10 22h2 + 100Mbps Internet
i5-12400F Processor + DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 V2 Blue LED air CPU Cooler
ASUS Prime H610M-E D4 Motherboard + 2x16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
INNO3D GTX 1660 Super 6 GB GDDR6 + Samsung 980 1TB NVME M.2 SSD
tatayoyo

To what issue you are referring to?
There is nothing in your post close to a description of a problem.
Do you have an error message after launching the games?
Is there a black screen with nothing happening and you have to ctrl alt suppr out of it?
You know, basic description of a problem. Not just "it doesn't run"
People can't help you if you're not describing the issue.
I want to get high... so high...
LokeshSharma

Actually nothing is happening when I run these two games in Windows 10.
Processes are running in background with 70 MB ram usage for ME: Catalyst and 100 MB ram usage for BF1.
Games runs fine on Windows 7 but doesn't run on Windows 10 since I changed NVIDIA drivers version 384.76 to Hotfix 384.80 for Fixing Watch Dogs 2 issues.
Ever since then these two games are not working I have changed 7 different versions of drivers but none worked for me.
I get no error at all that's the problem and only in Windows 10.
tatayoyo

If you are sure that they were working on Windows 10 before you updated the nvidia driver then reinstall the version of the driver that worked but before doing that, do a cleanup with DDU (display driver uninstaller).
Very good tool to reinstall properly and cleanly video drivers as if it was the first time.
Google it.
KiNG

could always just do a clean os install, that would sort it out, just backup the stuff you wanna keep.
i do that every 3 months or so as i get very cluttered, i am not very good at keeping things tidy.
Last edited by KiNG on 03 Aug 2017, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
tatayoyo

Holy crap! The only time I reinstall Windows is if I make a big hardware change like motherboard + cpu.
But I'm kind of a maniac so it's super tidy.

Like this guy:
(If you guys haven't seen American Psycho, stop what you're doing and watch it!)
Last edited by tatayoyo on 02 Aug 2017, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
LokeshSharma

tatayoyo wrote:If you are sure that they were working on Windows 10 before you updated the nvidia driver then reinstall the version of the driver that worked but before doing that, do a cleanup with DDU (display driver uninstaller).
Very good tool to reinstall properly and cleanly video drivers as if it was the first time.
Google it.
I've actually played these games once after installing both on first under Windows 7 then restarted in Windows 10 both games ran then I uninstalled both after that I wanted to play Watch Dogs 2 but game was crashing always. At that time I was using NVIDIA 384.76 driver.
After research I got to know that Watch Dogs 2 doesn't work on driver 384.76 and NVIDIA has released a hotfix to resolve the issue with Watch Dogs 2. I then install that hotfix after that I installed Battlefield 1 but game never started always running in background and same goes for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.
These two games runs well in Windows 7 but now not working in Windows 10.
I have installed other Frostbite games recent repacks from Kaos like Battlefield: Hardline, Battlefield 4 and other Ubisoft game Rainbow 6: Siege, everything is working just fine just not these two.

So I'm gonna try to use your method too. Let's see what I get.
Last edited by LokeshSharma on 03 Aug 2017, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
LokeshSharma

KiNG wrote:could always just do a clean os install, that would sort it out, just backup the stuff you wanna keep.
i do that every 3 months or so as i get very cluttered, i am not very good at keeping things tidy.
I could have reinstalled windows if this would be happening on Windows 7 but this is windows 10, If I reinstall windows then I'll have to update the windows again download Modern Combat 5: Blackout again. I totally hate to reinstall windows because of this.
But will ultimately do this if nothing will work for me.
LokeshSharma

I now have tried everything even completely uninstalled display drivers but nothing could make these two games run again. So now I'll reinstall Windows 10 again to make it work.
TheMaster

First of all these problems are definitely not specific to any one repacker as I've seen people reporting problems with some games under Windows 10 EVERYWHERE! I don't use Windows 10 for this very reason BUT 2 things that might help you or others -

1. Don't do the Creator's Update (if you can avoid it) when reinstalling Windows. This causes heaps of problems with cracked games.

2. You have to install/run some games in Windows 7 compatibility mode as admin (FitGirl has specified this on some of her repacks so go check there if need be).
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
LokeshSharma

TheMaster wrote:First of all these problems are definitely not specific to any one repacker as I've seen people reporting problems with some games under Windows 10 EVERYWHERE! I don't use Windows 10 for this very reason BUT 2 things that might help you or others -

1. Don't do the Creator's Update (if you can avoid it) when reinstalling Windows. This causes heaps of problems with cracked games.

2. You have to install/run some games in Windows 7 compatibility mode as admin (FitGirl has specified this on some of her repacks so go check there if need be).
Brother, I was forced to upgrade to Creator's Update as after Anniversary Update's latest update Windows 10 Store stopped working and some of my friends suggested me that CU is better after recent update, so I moved to CU, since then I was having no problems but when I installed Hotfix driver 384.80 to resolve Watch Dogs 2 crash issues. BF1 and ME: C stopped working.
There is nothing that worked for me. I am still trying to find a way to resolve the issue without reinstalling windows 10.
All other games are working fine but not these two.
tatayoyo

I suppose you did but just in case, have you tried the geforce forums?

If you reinstall Windows 10, I highly recommend the LTSB version. It's a version without all the crap like Windows store, edge browser, etc...
Also, you can disable the automatic updates and with an easy tool, choose which updates you want and which you hide (like in Windows 7).
I'm still on Windows 10 enterprise LTSB 2016 (anniversary update).
TheMaster

tatayoyo wrote:Image
(If you guys haven't seen American Psycho, stop what you're doing and watch it!)
One of my favourite movies! I'm always recommending it to people too hehe! :twisted:
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET! So many good quotes & scenes in this movie - this is just one of many :twisted:
"Howard, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open."
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
LokeshSharma

All issues resolved after reinstalling Windows 10.
KiNG

LokeshSharma wrote:All issues resolved after reinstalling Windows 10.
thats great :)
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
TheMaster

LokeshSharma wrote:All issues resolved after reinstalling Windows 10.
There you go ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon