The Evil Within 14.9 GB Repack Random Stuck Issues

Troubleshoot For Games
LokeshSharma

TheMaster wrote:It would be interesting to hear back from others about this game (and others that LokeshSharma has had problems with) as I can only assume from the silence that he's the only one that seems to be getting these issues on all these games. With the numbers that have downloaded these repacks it's interesting to me that we don't hear back from at least 1 or 2 others with similar issues. Just an observation but constantly suggesting that the problem lies with the way the repacks are made doesn't necessarily mean that that is indeed the problem. With the endless variables available in PC hardware & setups & the wide degrees of user understanding on how to get the best out of their systems it's more than obvious that the same piece of software will perform differently on every machine - on some machines perfectly without a hitch & on others it won't even work at all. In my many years of experience installing hundreds of games & watching user feedback I can say without doubt that 99.9% of all issues are at the user's end. Again, just an observation, but one based in much experience ;)
For your info I would like to say that problem happens to only those who actually download, install and play.
Why do you think others didn't complain about them!!! It's because I'm the only guy who is downloading the installing the games.
Other don't care about these old games but I do and only because these repacks are smaller in size. That's why I downloaded these games.
I already had all the games since long time. I had CP's BF1 18.7 GB and Evil Within Final Edition 16.3 GB Repacks which I deleted for Kaos's lesser size repack. So don't speak like I am spamming. I care for the work and everyone would like a repack that can install in all conditions.
You tell me why anyone would wanna play Evil Within at this time when It has been already 3 years of its release. Anybody who would download this game at this time is the person who either doesn't already have the game or he wanna save space like me. I hope this answers all your stupid thinkings.
Last edited by LokeshSharma on 12 Aug 2017, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
My Configuration is: Windows 10 22h2 + 100Mbps Internet
i5-12400F Processor + DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 V2 Blue LED air CPU Cooler
ASUS Prime H610M-E D4 Motherboard + 2x16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
INNO3D GTX 1660 Super 6 GB GDDR6 + Samsung 980 1TB NVME M.2 SSD
TheMaster

I think you're over-reacting just a little there mate - I obviously wasn't attacking you personally so please don't get your knickers in a twist over nothing! :lol: I simply made an observation, as stated twice in my previous post - 620 views in less than a week tells me that quite a few people have probably downloaded this game. As for the "problem happens to only those who actually download, install and play", a weak little dig but that's an obviously false insinuation as it installed fine for me & 2 others I know personally. KiNG said it installed fine for him (even after trying to induce a fail!) & the lack of feedback from anyone else tells me it probably installed fine for others. I think basic laws of mathematical probability will tell most what they need to know even at this early stage! Check FitGirl's comments for how many people say they have problems installing many of her games (when the game installs fine for most) - you won't get anywhere near the depth of response & time from her as you very kindly get here (that's no slight on her, in fact a testament as she knows very well how to deal with trolls & intellectual lepers/lessers!). Attacking me for simply stating the glaringly obvious ain't gonna fix any issues you have & it most certainly ain't gonna create the kind of relationship with others in here where they feel obliged to help you. I think maybe you need to check your emotions at the door when you come in here & realise that we're not children & this ain't a playground for immature playground scraps! I'm always willing to give free time to help just about anybody out but not some immature douchebag who takes everything personally, makes wild assumptions & throws his toys around when he doesn't get things his way. You need to chill the fuck out dude, check your ego & stop popping off every time you ass-u-me someone's taking a stab at you! Yes, you grabbed the wrong end of the stick - sort it out!

“It is better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open one's mouth & remove all doubt.” - MARK TWAIN
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
LokeshSharma

You're just big talk. You are being ideological instead of being realistic.
While the game works fine with 4 GB ram and Dual core processor. Why should anybody must have at least 16 GB ram minimum to install? Use some of your brain. Setup is good if you are making it just for yourself. If making for everyone all aspects should be in mind. and about your Fitgirl point, FG's repacks always installs no matter what the install time, no matter what the during space required. F.Y.I. I have been playing games since last 10 years and I am 27 years old, I'm a programmer too.
I know what can and what can't be done. What are you!!! I have never seen you saying anything for a game, All I see is a thanks msg and for most you can say is like a Wikipedia's first paragraph of Some game. According to me you don't play anything you are more like a bot. Who is always ready to say without doing anything.
You are such a stupid bot :D, who has no brain.
Last edited by LokeshSharma on 13 Aug 2017, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
TheMaster

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm laughing so hard atm! If you weren't such an annoying little pest you'd be a funny cunt! If only you knew little man, if only you knew... 8-)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
LokeshSharma

Fuck off man you're irritating
TheMaster

I'm irritating? LOL! Poor baby, grow up.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
drcoolmor

same trouble with this...http://kaoskrew.org/displaytopic.php?f=18&t=4616
i also never had a problem with the older installer
KiNG

its a buggy tool used for precompression its not the actual installer itself. if you tried turning up v ram and using safe mode to install the only other way is to recompress the whole game using lower memory settings. luckly with the.evil.within the game was split into a number of archives so only one had to be redone. it is still unknown why it happens but it is related to ram in someway, what are your specs?
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
RebellionASG

Hi, I am having the same issue as Lokesh, except I'm not trying to install by mounting an ISO. I have extracted the files using the latest update of winrar, ran the installer, and it always gets stuck somewhere around 52-54% Archive, 11-13% overall. I have tried installing in safe mode, it had the exact same issue. If I watch the memory usage for install.tmp, lzma.exe and ztool.exe, they all stop accessing memory simultaneously when the install freezes. I've tried to install it probably 8-10 times now, deleting all the data from the install folder each time, and it still progresses to the same point and freezes. When I tried safe mode, I left it run overnight, so I doubt the cpu maxed out.
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM
15.9 GB
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-DS3H (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) 28 °C
Graphics
ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@60Hz)
SyncMaster (1440x900@75Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
LogMeIn Mirror Driver
Hard Drives
117GB ADATA SSD S510 120GB (SATA-SSD)
488GB Seagate ST3500418AS (SATA)
977GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)
Last edited by RebellionASG on 13 Sep 2017, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
RebellionASG

Thank you for your hard work, regardless of the outcome I really appreciate it. Was hoping to play this one before the sequel comes out. I tried restarting the ztool.exe process when it freezes, but then it says it had a failure decompressing.
RebellionASG

Any word on a new installer?
KiNG

a new installer doesnt work on the evil within, KaOs01.bin would need recompressing.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)