Heeelp! COD 1 + United Offensive error: 165 sound file(s) are missing or in a bad format

Troubleshoot For Games
xaeroxcore

Hi folks!

I`ve installed the Kaos COD 1 pack + CODUO from a DVD. Thing is game is not working, because of this error: 165 sound file(s) are missing or in a bad format. I`m using Win 7. What can i do?
KiNG

sounds like the audio files did not recompress for some reason, maybe your security deleted the tools? or if theres a ~unpack~.bat file in your games root folder it means the installer was somehow blocked from executing it, try running it yourself if it is there.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
xaeroxcore

KiNG wrote:sounds like the audio files did not recompress for some reason, maybe your security deleted the tools? or if theres a ~unpack~.bat file in your games root folder it means the installer was somehow blocked from executing it, try running it yourself if it is there.
I see No .bat file. I uninstalled it and installed again, and nothing happen. There is no fix file or something? :(
KiNG

its been posted over a year and your the first to have an issue, needless to say it does not require a fix and the issue is at your end somewere.
what exacally happens? does the command window popup and do anything or close right away?
Last edited by KiNG on 08 Sep 2017, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
xaeroxcore

KiNG wrote:its been posted over a year and your the first to have an issue, needless to say it does not require a fix and the issue is at your end somewere.
what exacally happens? does the command window popup and do anything or close right away?

TheMaster

I've seen this happen before with other games in the past & from memory I'm pretty sure it was the antivirus program causing it. I see you're using Norton which used to be pretty notorious for intervening in cracked game installations. Have you tried shutting down Norton completely ie. every reference to it in task manager AND any Norton services running in the backfround? Also I would probably try installing in Safe Mode with Norton completely shut down. Do you have any other security software running in the background eg, malware protection etc? If so shut all that down too. From those pics I'd almost certainly say it's something at your end.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
TheMaster

Also I see in your first post you said you installed it from a CD. That could also be the cause of a few different issues. I would recommend always installing from the original files from a harddrive to minimize potential problems & speed up the overall installation process. Burning games to discs & converting the downloaded files to iso files etc is so unecessary these days & just presents additional steps where problems can occur.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!