Portal.Duology.Bundle.Complete.FINAL.REPACK-KaOs problem

Troubleshoot For Games
aayafi

Hi!

I wanna thank you for providing a complete repack of this excellent game. However it seems that something is wrong with the audio decoding. Most of GLaDOS's voice files are corrupt in Portal1.

The wav files in [install]/Portal/portal/sound/vo/aperture_ai from 00_* to 06_* are okay, but the rest are all 0 in size. All files in [install]/Portal/portal/sound/vo/escape are 0 bytes. All other sound files work in Portal1 and all files in Portal2 seem okay.

Yes, I did try uninstalling and installing multiple times, the issue persists.

Also if you do decide to fix it, Is there any way that you could give me a patch for the fixed .bin files?
I live in a very third world internet area and It will be very hard for me to download the whole thing again. Much appreciated.

Thank you!
KiNG

download the lossless audio pack, that will solve your issue.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
aayafi

KiNG wrote:download the lossless audio pack, that will solve your issue.
Thanks for replying! I can't find this pack through search, can you link me to it?
KiNG

actually i just checked both packs the lossy and the lossless and the audio is exacally the same, i can only asume that the file layout is suposed to be that way, its been posted a hell of along time now and nobody else has mentioned it.
if your 100% certain it is an error i would just grab another version as i have no idea when i will get the change to look into it further or test the game all the way to the end to check for sure.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
aayafi

KiNG wrote:actually i just checked both packs the lossy and the lossless and the audio is exacally the same, i can only asume that the file layout is suposed to be that way, its been posted a hell of along time now and nobody else has mentioned it.
if your 100% certain it is an error i would just grab another version as i have no idea when i will get the change to look into it further or test the game all the way to the end to check for sure.
Ahh, well thanks anyway! Keep doing the pirate's work!

Anyway, if you get around to it, Portal1 is a very short game (~5 hours at max). Everything is fine upto level6 (takes ~30 mins), but as soon as we enter level7, GLaDOS has no voice until the end.