No man's sky not installing?

Troubleshoot For Games
benefitsben

I've never tried using a repack to install a game before, so apologies if I've messed something super basic up.

Anyway, I'm trying to install no man's sky. I've installed and unrared all 4 parts of the install, and booted install.exe. The download seemed to be working fine but it's now stuck on 1% completion. The issue is when installing Binaries\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS\NMSARC.174C5BAE.pak. Anyone have any ideas on where to start with troubleshooting? No error messages get displayed, it just seems to stop doing anything.
KiNG

not one of mine so i tested it just to double check and it installed fine, you can try all the standard troubleshooting methods like updating all your redist, windows and other things. disable any security what maybe be blocking or deleting required tools, or you could try installing wile in safe mode. alot of the installer features are disabled wile in safe mode but theres enough working do to a basic install.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 12:44 not one of mine so i tested it just to double check and it installed fine, you can try all the standard troubleshooting methods like updating all your redist, windows and other things. disable any security what maybe be blocking or deleting required tools, or you could try installing wile in safe mode. alot of the installer features are disabled wile in safe mode but theres enough working do to a basic install.
Tried updating windows and installing in safe mode, still not working. I've found where the error is happening though. When trying to unrar parts 2, 3, and 4 of the install using 7-zip I keep getting the same error "CRC failed: KaOs01.bin", which I'm guessing is why it gets stuck at 1% cause some files are missing. Do you have any ideas for what I can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue?
KiNG

try redownloading the broken part or force a recheck with the torrent and it will correct the broken part
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 22:06 try redownloading the broken part or force a recheck with the torrent and it will correct the broken part
Tried redownloading the broken parts and did a force recheck on each of them, but still no dice :/ Still getting CRC failures when unraring and still not going past 1% when I try and run the install anyway
KiNG

seems your doing something wrong but what that might be is beyond me lol.
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 15:20 seems your doing something wrong but what that might be is beyond me lol.
I'll write down the process of how I'm trying to install it, maybe there's a glaring error in what I'm doing lol:

- boot pc in safe mode with networking
- click on the magnet link
- open the link with qBittorrent
- download all files at the same time into 1 folder
- force a recheck of the download
- open 7-zip and extract each part (this is where I get the CRC failure for parts 2, 3, and 4, even tho part 1 is fine for some reason)
- go to the part 1 folder and run install.exe (each part of the install is in a separate subfolder at this point, does that make a difference?)
- select the folder where I want to install the game (the same folder all the rar files are)
- run the install, where it gets stuck at 1%

couple extra things I noticed:

- I got a PARTS file when I was downloading the files from the magnet link even after the download had finished, is this an issue?
- after cancelling the install when it got stuck at 1% I got this error:

An error occurred while unpacking!
Unarc.dll returned an error code: -1
ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)

I'm assuming this error was caused due to the CRC failures when attempting to extract parts 2, 3, and 4
KiNG

i see the issue.... 7zip will not extract new rar correctly, you always get a crc error. use latest winrar instead.
probably not need safe mode or the other steps now.
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 18:11 i see the issue.... 7zip will not extract new rar correctly, you always get a crc error. use latest winrar instead.
probably not need safe mode or the other steps now.
I so thought it was gonna work this time, but still no luck. I don't get CRC errors after extracting the rars but I try and run the install and it still freezes at 1% and gives me the .dll error when cancelling it (see my previous post for the .dll error) even when I install in safe mode. I've tried repairing the rar files before extracting them as well using winrar but no luck :(
KiNG

ohh sorry i didnt read the full post once i noticed 7zip was used. install.exe KaOs01.bin and Kaos.nfo all need to be in the same foldee.
not a clue how u ended up with multiple different folders. when u extract the first part it does the rest itself.
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 22:23 ohh sorry i didnt read the full post once i noticed 7zip was used. install.exe KaOs01.bin and Kaos.nfo all need to be in the same foldee.
not a clue how u ended up with multiple different folders. when u extract the first part it does the rest itself.
Yeah I installed winrar and tried again after your last post, but the update still doesn't work (freezes at 1%, .dll error etc).

I ended up with multiple folders as with 7-zip you can only extract 1 file at a time, so I ended up with 4 folders of install.exe, KaOs01.bin, and Kaos.nfo instead of just 1 cause I had to extract each part separately. With winrar this didn't happen as you said and everything was in the same folder, but no luck yet again
KiNG

what os are you using?
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 08:09 what os are you using?
Windows 10, OS build is 19041.1237
KiNG

x86 or x64?
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 12:11x86 or x64?
x64
KiNG

probably a stab in the dark but you can try installing this

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ref=dtf.ru

then try again, im sure one of the decompression tools needed one of these but i think it was already part of one of the windows updates, worth i try i guess.
if it doesnt work im out of ideas.
benefitsben

KiNG wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 14:03 probably a stab in the dark but you can try installing this

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ref=dtf.ru

then try again, im sure one of the decompression tools needed one of these but i think it was already part of one of the windows updates, worth i try i guess.
if it doesnt work im out of ideas.
Still nothing :( After all this I think the reason it's not working is just cause my computer is too old and outdated to install it and run it properly. Thanks for all your help and suggestions though, I appreciate the time you took to try and help me out :)
KiNG

no worries, shame we didnt get the result we wanted.