Option to install dxwebsetup.exe & vcredist_x86.exe

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
james

Hello KAOS and other Admin who compile these PC games. This is just a suggestion though. I was thinking that instead of writing this ending script below in your "~unpack~.bat" file...
"echo Checking Extras...
extras\dxwebsetup.exe /q
extras\vcredist_x86.exe /q
cls"

Why not write the script in such a way to detect if it is already installed on the PC that its installing the game, or write the script to give the option whether to install or not. The reason I mention this its because most of the PC system will more or less have those items already installed and it would take less time to install the game, Direct X and vcredist_x86.

I normally before installing the games...delete that section of script from the "~unpack~.bat" file so it won't have to go through that installation. That cut my install time quite a bit.

However if it cannot be done and anyone else who are in the same situation can do as I do and delete that section of "~unpack~.bat" before installing any of the games. You guys are just the best in compressing games and bringing us the latest. Thanks guys.
PirateBoy

If its already installed then DirectX setup detects it automatically and doesnt install it and regarding the VCRedist setup, it just takes around 2-3 seconds in my computer. So, I dont think its worth it.
Peace Tranquility
Drunk N High
Chilled N Relaxed
Thats How We Get By

:: KaOsKrEw ::

KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
donkeymilk

Yeh,i break repacks down to unpack.bat +arc file .
But not everyone knows this stuff,and you'd end up with lots of people cussing coz the game's not working.