scene releases too early

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
donkeymilk

Due to the way most games are released these days ,i.e:in a broken state or in need of numerous updates,shouldn't scene releases be held back until at least the 3 update. :)
Walthor

Because of the 'race', that will never happen... Also, even if the race didn't exist, you still have all the kiddies that want stuff on day one. Unless the scene groups and the major p2p crackers start talking to each other and make some kind of UN-Pirate-Release-Laws or something, otherwise I don't see the 3rd update release standard implemented.

In my opinion, people just have to stop buying crap. If the kiddies were more careful with their shopping decisions then the devs/pubs would have to reevaluate their releasing tactics. As it is, the publishers have a free-for-all - Basically they can release any crap they want and all the wank sticks will jump all over it as if it was some undefiled teenie bopper, but in reality she's probably 32 and has 2 kids of her own.

Personally I like to wait it out... Never pre-order or install games on day one.
ganster
Site Admin

its not realy the scene groups thats at falt here
its the devs who makes the games by the time they start making the dvds for release date
that can be a month before release date so in that time there fixing bugs they should hold the game back instead of doing aload of updates as the game not 100% ready
there just after your money in some cases they wont even do updates untill they earned so much

scene groups just gets there hand on retail disk and uses that for release aswell as a crack so we can all play it sometimes they add any updates along with it if theres any before they release it
it will also be a single installer for the update aswell scene groups will not edit the original retail installer unless that also needs cracking

not every game has updates so waiting around for update 3 could take along while so it would never get released by scene groups if that was a rule
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes
donkeymilk

I agree with both the posts above:).
Back in the old days games were a lot smaller and thus,probably easier to fix.
Some of the bigger titles must be a bit of a nightmare to get right.
Though i've just finished Batman A.A.,and i think that had one patch released for it(might be wrong),which does suggest that games can be made properly,if the will is there.
Walthor

Ahh the good old days - Yeah, those were the days... I wish some studio would have the balls to go like; 'you know what? Fuck it! If you guys wanna go and do CoD 17 or something, then go ahead - We'll be here in the corner doing remakes and making graphical overhauls of the old classics.' Unfortunately you have the whole licensing bit, so I guess that won't be happening either. Man, imagine the 1st Mafia game on a newer engine - Or a fresh look to the original Fallout games... Yeay, nostalgia!

Anyway, about updates - I think 'Sniper Elite' (2005) and 'Death to Spies' (2007) were the last games I played from start to finish without the need of any updates, fixes, patches or DLCs. This is not a comment about the quality or if the games are any good, It's just that I remember these two in particular because I played them at the same time. However, It's likely there have been other games, but either I don't remember, or I just didn't play any of them.

So yeah, I guess It's possible to do a proper game release, but like I said before, it seems like the publishers are the baws right now. Personally I just think they are shiting them selfs in their own hand.
crtraviteja

donkeymilk wrote:I agree with both the posts above:).
Back in the old days games were a lot smaller and thus,probably easier to fix.
Some of the bigger titles must be a bit of a nightmare to get right.
Though i've just finished Batman A.A.,and i think that had one patch released for it(might be wrong),which does suggest that games can be made properly,if the will is there.
batman arkham asylum and arkham city have very less or no bugs for me and I finished both of them with out any problems
the only problem of those games were bad crack which needs windows live installed to save games
and I haven't noticed any updates or patches for those couple of games

I think devs should plan well in making and releasing games
batman a.a released in 2009 and they released a.c after 2 years in 2011 (finishing most of tweaking and else before it is released)

[ batman arkham city is an open world . as we know its very hard to make an open world with out bugs , devs really did a nice job there ]

and they took 2 years more years exactly and planned to release their arkham origins in October 25 2013
they planned everything nice may be that's why they make their games perfect with out a lot of errors or bugs
eatmyshorts

The games developers are always trying to get the game out as fast as possible, even when the beta testers are still working on them. The longer a game is shelved due to fixes & updates the more money they lose. I know this happens because I've beta tested a few games before the bugs were ironed out. When it comes to warez, they same can be applied, some won't know about the game developers shortcuts to get the game on the shelves before bugs are fixed. I was still finding bugs in one of the MOH long after it was on sale. When this is the case, it affects the warez sites too...
donkeymilk

Just for example ,those two Rocksteady Batman games sold well and probably generated a lot of good will/good press out there towards the devs/publishers.
So i reckon it does make a difference.