Some issues that are causing more issues

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
Anh1lator

Hello folks,
I feel bad that I always have to ask for help here. :(

So, this time, I am having some weird issues that I haven't had before.

A few days ago, almost all games were working fine, but from 1-2 days I am having issues, like now many games when I try to start them opening the game exe, it starts don't appear on desktop, but I can see the process appear in Task Manager for a few seconds and then disappears. Games like Mirror's Edge, CoD : BO, Race Driver Grid, and a few other games are having such issues.

Another issue is games like Dead Space 3, And few others I don't remember, have issue "Runtime error Floating point error r6002" or something like that, I think thats related to .NET Framework and VC redist, so, What I tried is uninstalling all VC Redist and .NET and re-installing it with new files downloaded from Microsoft's site, but it didn't seem to fix the issue.

Another error is 'The application was unable to startcorrectly (0xc0000142)' or something like that, I don't know how to fix it. Red Orchestra 2 (KaOs RIP), TC's R6 : Vegas, and some other have these issues.

I don't know how these issues crept in because a few days back games were working fine and now most games aren't working.
Please help.
Last edited by Anh1lator on 07 Aug 2015, 16:11, edited 3 times in total.
Coded23

Try re-installing or updating your graphic driver's.
You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha
Anh1lator

thirunarayan wrote:Try re-installing or updating your graphic driver's.
Just finished re-installing Graphic Drivers (uninstalled, then Installed), but it didn't helped.
I think I am using latest drivers, but will check again.
KiNG

when s*it happenes to me like that and i cant fix it i just back my stuff up on another drive and do a new install of windows, only takes 15mins usb onto ssd
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Anh1lator

KiNG wrote:when s*it happenes to me like that and i cant fix it i just back my stuff up on another drive and do a new install of windows, only takes 15mins usb onto ssd
Right, but I have legitimate Win 8 (and I assume u also have legit copy), and I can't install it again, neither do I know the reg. keys.
I think only way is to upgrade to Win 8.1, but right now I am not willing to, but have to do it if nothing worked in the end unless I find any fix for this.
P.S. : Any idea how reinstall Windows, I have a Ext. HDD, that I can use to transfer the data. I haven't had such problems before, so don't know how to do it properly and safely.
Last edited by Anh1lator on 08 Aug 2015, 19:29, edited 3 times in total.
TheMaster

KiNG wrote:when s*it happenes to me like that and i cant fix it i just back my stuff up on another drive and do a new install of windows, only takes 15mins usb onto ssd
Exactly what I was going to say! ;) By far the best & only REAL way to sort s*it out! I just finished reinstalling windows on a laptop for someone this past week and have another lined up to do. People are always very happy when you do this for them "Oooo it's like getting a new laptop!" LOL! :mrgreen: As for it only taking 15mins - hmm, that's debateable depending on what exactly you do hahaha!

I also suggest people (who don't already do it) look into streamlining your systems along with an install ie. removing all unnecessary software and cutting back processes & services. What we used to call "bare bones" BITD ;) You won't go wrong starting out looking at stuff a guy called Black Viper has had online for a while now. He still updates regularly, check him out here - Black Viper

Having said that, laptops are notorious for a screed of issues when trying to game on them, especially ones not built specifically for gaming. If you're serious about gaming just build a decent desktop rig yourself - it's way cheaper to do these days than it ever was.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!