Need help bying graphic card

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
13conrad13

Looking to buy a new gaming card, but nothing too expensive, on a budget, but must handle new games and any future games coming out in the next few years. My card is starting to hard freeze my pc. Any suggestions. Thanks
Coded23

What's your budget?
And which company do you prefer AMD or NVIDIA.
You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha
13conrad13

I'm not from America, so don't use dollars, but around 200-250 dollars. I only used nvidia, but would try anything. Amd or nvidia. Thanks
Coded23

Check this link http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html you may get some ideas.
-Buddha
KiNG

i tried amd (gfx card wise) once and once only, went right back to nvidia as soon as i had the money.
had many issues with many different games,
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
13conrad13

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4096Mb Graphics Card

GV-N960G1-GAMING-4GD

Powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU
- Integrated with industry's best 4GB GDDR5 memory 128-bit memory interface
- BASE: 1241 MHz / BOOST: 1304 MHz (1266 / 1329 MHz in OC Mode)
- Features Dual-link DVI-I / DVI-D / HDMI / DisplayPort x 3
- System power supply requirement: 400W (with one 6-pin & one 8-pin external power connectors)

SOC - GPU Gauntlet Sorting
- With GPU Gauntlet Sorting, the Gigabyte SOC graphics card guarantees the higher overclocking capability in terms of excellent power switching.

- WINDFORCE 3X cooling system
- WINDFORCE 3X With Unique Blade Fan
- WINDFORCE 3X cooling system is equipped with high performance pure cooper heat-pipes which direct touch the GPU can strengthen the speed of heat dissipation. Besides, the air flow is effectively enhanced by the unique blade fan design, this not only increase the cooling capacity while reducing air turbulence but also results a lower noise level.

0dB semi-passive fans with intuitive fan indicators
- The fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. Besides, LED fan indicators on the top of the graphics card provide an instant display of whether the fans are spinning or not.

Flex Display technology
- Gigabyte Flex display technology(patent-pending) can automatically detect any connected monitors and achieve multi-display gaming up to 4 monitors at the same time by using various output groups. Users could enjoy the best gaming experience in ultra HD resolution with extended flexibility in arranging monitor configurations and making future system upgrade extremely easy.

Ultra Durable VGA
- Lower GPU Temperature
- Ultra Durable VGA board provides dramatic cooling effect on lowering both GPU and memory temperature by doubling the copper inner layer of PCB.

Better Overclocking Capability
- Ultra Durable VGA board reduces voltage ripples in normal and transient state, thus effectively lowers noises and ensures higher overclocking capability.

Decrease Power Switching Loss
- Ultra Durable VGA board allows more bandwidth for electron passage and reduces circuit impedance. The less circuit impedance, the more stable flow of current and can effectively improve power efficiency.

Specificatuons:
- Chipset GeForce GTX 960
- Core Clock OC Mode - GPU Boost Clock: 1329 MHZ , GPU Base Clock: 1266 MHz
- Gaming Mode - GPU Boost Clock: 1304 MHZ , GPU Base Clock: 1241 MHz
- Memory Clock 7010 MHz
- Process Technology 28 nm
- Memory Size 4 GB
- Memory Bus 128 bit
- Card Bus PCI-E 3.0
- Memory Type GDDR5
- DirectX 12
- OpenGL 4.4
- PCB Form ATX
- Digital max resolution 4096 x 2160
- Analog max resolution 2048 x 1536
- Multi-view 4
- I/O Dual-link DVI-I x 1/DVI-D x 1/HDMI x 1/Display Port x 3
- Card size 43mm x 295mm x 114mm (without bracket)
- Power requirement 400W (with one 6-pin & one 8-pin external power connectors)
13conrad13

Gigabyte Radeon RX460 WINDFORCE OC 4G Graphics Card

Features
- Powered by Radeon RX460
- Integrated with 4GB GDDR5 128bit memory
- WINDFORCE 2X with Blade Fan Design
- Support Full UHD HEVC Encode and Decode

Core Clock
- 1212 MHz

WINDFORCE 2X Cooling System
- The WINDFORCE 2X cooling system features two unique blade fans, 3D active fan functionality, delivering an effective heat dissipation capacity for higher performance at lower temperatures.

WINDFORCE 2X Cooling System- Fans
- Unique Blade Fan Design
- The airflow is spilt by the triangle fan edge, and guided smoothly through the 3D stripe curve on the fan surface, effectively enhancing the air flow by 23 percent over traditional fans.

3D Active Fan
- The semi-passive fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. It allows gamers to enjoy gameplay in complete silence when the system is running light or idle.

Durability
- Ultra-Durable Graphics Components
- Engineered with the highest-grade chokes and capacitors, the graphic card delivers outstanding performance and durable system lifespan.

Built for OverClocking with 4 plus 1 power phases
- Compared to reference design, the 4 plus 1 power phases on the card make the MOSFET working at a lower temperature and provide more stable voltage output. (Reference design 3 plus 1)

Intuitive XTREME Engine Utility
- Adjust clock speeds, voltage, fan performance, power target can be monitored and tuned in real-time according to your own preference through this intuitive interface.

Specifications:
- Graphics Processing: Radeon RX460
- Core Clock: 1212 MHz
- Process Technology: 14 nm
- Memory Clock: 7000 MHz
- Memory Size: 4 GB
- Memory Type: GDDR5
- Memory Bus: 128 bit
- Card Bus: PCI-E 3.0 x 8
- Output: Dual-link DVI-D
- HDMI-2.0b 1 (Max Resolution: 4096x2160 at 60 Hz)
- Display Port-1.4 1 (Max Resolution: 7680x4320 at 60 Hz)
- Digital max resolution: 7680x4320 at 60Hz
- Multi-view: 3
- Card size: H: 37 L: 191 W: 111 mm
- PCB Form: ATX
- DirectX: 12
- OpenGL: 4.5
- Recommended PSU: 350W

Package Contents:
- 1 x Gigabyte Radeon RX460 WINDFORCE OC 4G Graphics Card
- 1 x User Guide
- 1 x Driver CD.
13conrad13

Both of the cards are just under 200 dollars. Any advice on the cards. Are there any cards better, for the same price. I will pay a bid more.
Coded23

OC gpu are more power hungry than normal clocked gpu and requires higher psu.

And most companies games are optimized for NVIDIA, so you'll get slightly more FPS in NVIDIA card than AMD.

AMD you mentioned is already OC and NVIDIA you mentioned is clocked at normal mhz , so you can OC the NVIDIA 960 in future.
-Buddha
13conrad13

I'm in no hurry to buy a card, just browsing around, looking for price sales. Thanks a lot for the input thirunarayan. I'm a noob when it comes to graphic cards, so many makes and models, don't really know what all the specification means.
Coded23

Welcome mate.
-Buddha
TheMaster

Gigabyte generally make great cards, especially their OC'd ones. If I were you I'd search up reviews on Youtube for those cards & watch as many as possible to get all the pros & cons. As thirunarayan mentions, power consumption is a big issue to consider but don't let it be the main deciding factor - buying a new PSU would be a good longterm move for your whole PC anyway. Another factor often overlooked before people buy videocards is NOISE! Some cards are way noisier than others to the point of being downright annoying! Sometimes there's a slight trade-off between fan noise & heat reduction though. Again, go watch as many review videos on YT as possible - some are great, some are good & some are s*it but it's good to actually see the cards & hear all the info & you'll start to get a good feel for things after a while. Good luck!

PS. Just to play devil's advocate - I was an nVidia user from way back (GTS Pro, Pro II, etc, etc!) but my last 3 cards have been AMDs (a Sapphire & 2 Gigabytes) & I can honestly say they've all performed exceptionally well!
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
13conrad13

Thanks the master for your advice. I'm in no hurry, so I can take my time and do all the research I can. When I finally decide on a card, I must be 100% happy that's the one I want. I will try the YouTube thing, never tried that before. That's why kaos krew sites the best, people will actually help you. Thanks everyone.
TheMaster

All good dude! Certainly a good krew here! 8-)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
13conrad13

Finally decided on a card, geforce gtx 1060 6gb. Now I need help with differend manufacturer. I know the big names Asus, gigabyte, MSI, but they are more expensive. Are these manufacturer any good. Galax, Zotac, Evga. I'm not bothered about noise, but must be a cool card, handle heat well. Thanks
KiNG

i heard evga is canny but have not tried them myself
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
ganster
Site Admin

Zotac and Evga are good im unsure about galax tho never heard of them out of the 3 there evga is the better choice
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes
13conrad13

Thanks for the response king and ganster. Will read some reviews on Evga and zotac.
stoled

I just got a zotac 1050ti 4gb for christmas, very impressed with it. runs well for me. was around 150 usd I think.
13conrad13

Thanks stoled, the reviews I read about Zotac was good and there price is great. How are your 1050ti handling heavy graphic games. I'm not bothered about ultra quality settings, if your 1050 can handle games on medium or high setting, maybe I'm gonna get 1050 myself.