KaOs Classic RTS PACK

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
KiNG

added Meridian.New.World.And.Squad.22.(2014).REPACK-KaOs added as a request and decided to add fhe aparently better squad 22 to complete the pack.

added Nightside.(2015).REPACK-KaOs another i had not heard of, rather unique compared to others based underwarter no fog of war so you get around with artifical light.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
KiNG

added Citadels.(2013).REPACK-KaOs [1.13GB]
added Warshift.v1.93.(2016).REPACK-KaOs [794MB] an interesting hybrid rts with fps/3rd elements the idea reminded me of the old rts machines what is also included in this list.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
KiNG

added Etherium.(2015).REPACK-KaOs [1.12GB] not had much time to play it myself so if it stays in the list is to be seen, but from screenies and a trailer it looked like it could be a good edition to the pack.

wile the actual pack itself has already exceeded the size limit of 50gig i had laid down what i did not think i would need to worry about with using different forms of lossy compression, also many games have gone past the release date limit of 2010, there were just so many small and unique rts games what stuck to the base builing theme i just couldnt leave them out and i just got carried away. i also came across many i had totally forgot about playing as a kid.

due to all this we have ended up with a pack totaing about 54gig with about 63 games. (a file size what could easly hold 1 game nowadays)

anyways.. not sure i should deem it complete or simply just keep going until i get bored, theres a game or 2 what still requires minor fixs but nothing to serious.
Karamazov82

Hey man, I just registered to congratulate your work. Absolutely amazing stuff. I am an old school gamer and collector of classics and with all the respect I have for the repacker scene, I really miss someone dedicated to repack classic games, especially my beloved strategy games. I hope this stunning collection keeps growing with all known titles in history!
KiNG

Karamazov82 wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 23:40 Hey man, I just registered to congratulate your work. Absolutely amazing stuff. I am an old school gamer and collector of classics and with all the respect I have for the repacker scene, I really miss someone dedicated to repack classic games, especially my beloved strategy games. I hope this stunning collection keeps growing with all known titles in history!
thanx i apreciate that, if theres any you can think of let me know and i will look them over.
Karamazov82

As the RTS genre is so rich and diverse I'll throw a bunch of titles to keep the list growing in the following months if you like

Star Wars: Force Commander (2000)
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos + Battle March (2006-2008)
Dungeon Keeper (1997) - Available in GOG
Dungeon Keeper 2 (1999) - Available in GOG
American Conquest: Divided Nation (2006)
Cossacks + Expansions (2001-2002) - Available in GOG
Cossacks II + Battle for Europe (2005-2006) - Available in GOG
Highland Warriors (2003)
Dark Reign + Expansion (1997-1998) - Available in GOG
Dune 2000 (1998)
WarGames (1998)
Submarine Titans (2001) - Available in GOG
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds + Clone Campaigns (2001-2002) - Available in GOG
Earth 2140-2150-2160 (1997-2005) - Available in GOG
Z: Steel Soldiers (2001)
Z: The Game (1996-2014) - Available in GOG
KKND (1997) - Available in GOG
StarCraft + Broodwar (1998-1999)
The Entente: Battlefields World War I (2004)
Knights of Honor (2004)
The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring (2003)
KiNG

some good ones there, i was never able to find a copy of Highland Warriors (2003) , its actually one i wanted to try myself.
i picked kknd2 over the first, i cant remember my reason for missing out the first lol
the earh collection is in the list already
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds i have here already was intending on checking it eventually
Submarine Titans (2001) i have here already to check
Dune 2000 (1998) i couldnt beleive how ugly it looked, had memorys of it looking alot better, i went for the newer 3d version.
dark reign is in the list already, love that one.
i remember having issues with the cossacks gamez, was intending to go back to em down the line.
american conquest is in the list already
starwars force commander... damn i forgot all about that one lol
if i remember rightly the dungon keepers had very little in the skirmish department what kinda put me off. that and the fact the second at least was already highly compressed.
z steel soldiers was a good one i forgot about to, z the game was a very limited rts what doesnt really fit with the others its more capture babses rather than base building, although i did like it back then.

cheers for the list, theres some there what should popup in the list hopfully :)
Karamazov82

Thanks man, I'll keep refreshing the page. This RTS list of yours has to be a world reference in the repack scene.
KiNG

ohh i remember why some of the really old ones were missed off, its because i decided not to include games what run in dos.
KiNG

added Z.Steel.Soldiers.Remastered.(2001).REPACK-KaOs [438MB]
KiNG

added Executive.Assault.v1.200.25.REPACK-KaOs [522MB]

a very interesting hybrid rts. explore and fight within your bases.

added Empires.Apart.Civilizations.REPACK-KaOs [498MB]

a more modern style age of empires was my first impression.
KiNG

added Homeworld.Deserts.of.Kharak.V1.3.REPACK-KaOs [3.26GB]

another one i am unsure about, it ticks every box apart from base building, rather than building a base you have a huge mobile one, it is possiblt to build turrents and such, it maybe taken out, opinions would be welcome :)
KiNG

added State.Of.War.2.Arcon.(2007).ENG.REPACK-KaOs [468MB]

aparently the version on steam is not english, this is the best there is, we added the english translations.

added Reconquest.(2016).REPACK-KaOs [322MB]

this one sticks to the original rules of classic rts perfectly :)
Diego0920

I can't believe you actually got State of War 2: Arcon. I've been looking for that one for ages :D

One that's pretty rare is Thandor: The Invasion. Warbreeds is also a good one but it's hard to get music working.

Also in Dark Reign 2 I was able to restore music by renaming the dr2.exe to dkreign.exe. Only problem is that you can't play beyond the main menu. This could be fixed by copying the same compatibility options used for dkreign.exe (with CompatAdmin or something) or changing the references to dr2.exe by using some hex editor maybe.
KiNG

Diego0920 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 05:40 I can't believe you actually got State of War 2: Arcon. I've been looking for that one for ages :D

One that's pretty rare is Thandor: The Invasion. Warbreeds is also a good one but it's hard to get music working.

Also in Dark Reign 2 I was able to restore music by renaming the dr2.exe to dkreign.exe. Only problem is that you can't play beyond the main menu. This could be fixed by copying the same compatibility options used for dkreign.exe (with CompatAdmin or something) or changing the references to dr2.exe by using some hex editor maybe.
yeah arcon was a twat to find and just as hard to find a translation patch, glad i was able to complete the set.
if u can get dr2 working properly send it over, i will add and credit you for it.
Diego0920

Try this for Dark Reign 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kkrkj ... fC2UdZxW88
Password is 1234

Turns out they like using _inmm.dll for problematic games sometimes. Courtesy from a japanese guy that really loves PC-98 games.
If _inmmserv.exe doesn't execute, try running it on XP3 SP3 compat mode and run as admin.
KiNG

nice one, will get it checked over shortly m8
KiNG

tried that patch m8, it doesnt seem to do anything when i click nmmserv.exe nomatter what settings i use.
Diego0920

It's supposed to open automatically when you open the game. Sometimes it refuses to launch by itself if compatibility is not enabled.
Should be unpacked to the main game folder.

Look in the Task Manager if it's still laying around. It likes to eat CPU when it's doing nothing.
KiNG

i see it as a task but the game music still doesnt pley, i was thinking of adding a mountable disc for the music as i noticed the game played a music disc i had left in previously. plays it way to loud though so will have to reduce the volume of the tracks.
Diego0920

Try installing K-Lite Codec Pack Basic. If music works correctly, the volume sliders on the menu also should.
CloakedThief

The Rise of Legends download seems to be down.
KiNG

updated links for Rise of Legends
samanth

Heya guys,

I've downloaded the Age.Of.Empires.II.HD.(1999).REPACK-KaOs [747MB] (nfo is dead btw) twice but I keep getting "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Tried both winrar and 7zip but doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
KiNG

samanth wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 03:27 Heya guys,

I've downloaded the Age.Of.Empires.II.HD.(1999).REPACK-KaOs [747MB] (nfo is dead btw) twice but I keep getting "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Tried both winrar and 7zip but doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
ahh the nfo actually says to use the latest version of winrar to extract the archive, sorry about that.
we also had a single report that there was a small issue with the game what i have not noticed myself and no reports since, plz pop back if u notice anything, would be apreciated.
jevcleem

Hello. The repack of the LOTR battle for middle earth the anthology seems to be removed. Can this be re-added?
Thanks!
KiNG

jevcleem wrote: 01 May 2020, 23:16 Hello. The repack of the LOTR battle for middle earth the anthology seems to be removed. Can this be re-added?
Thanks!
it got removed because it was buggy, havnt had a chance to take another shot at it yet.
Diego0920

KiNG wrote: 01 May 2020, 23:40 it got removed because it was buggy, havnt had a chance to take another shot at it yet.
I played the first one for a few hours and it was ok
jevcleem

KiNG wrote: 01 May 2020, 23:40
jevcleem wrote: 01 May 2020, 23:16 Hello. The repack of the LOTR battle for middle earth the anthology seems to be removed. Can this be re-added?
Thanks!
it got removed because it was buggy, havnt had a chance to take another shot at it yet.
ok thanks for the quick response
It's not too difficult finding and installing the first two but I can't get the witch king expansion to install due to what i think is the second one not properly adding stuff to the registry.. guess i'll play the second one and check up in a few months :)
Raennik

It appears MegaUp nuked most of their links here. It says "for inactivity", but I find that hard to believe some of those later ones weren't added that long ago. Ah well. Fantastic collection! I've loved this thread so much, and really appreciate all the effort you put into curating such a fine collection! <3 Almost all of my favorite RTS games are here, and I'm really struggling to think of good ones that didn't make your list. :lol: If I think of (and especially, can source) any, I'll drop a message.